Motorcycles in Sarasota: History, tips and ways to stay safe!
The team at Sarasota Fun Machines know that nothing beats a scenic drive on a beautiful motorcycle. We're lucky, as Floridians, to be able to take advantage of wonderful weather and riding conditions year around. You only have to really worry about the mosquitoes and occasional alligator. Below you'll find some great history of motorcycling in Sarasota, Florida as well as tips for staying safe. Be sure to come in to see us for the latest in motorcycling apparel, parts and service. We are proud to service all motorcycle makes and models.
History of Motorcycling in Sarasota
Located on the west coast of Florida, Sarasota county is host to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! The sparkling water of the Gulf of Mexico delivers views and days of fun you can't find anywhere else. With that, the sunshine and energy in the Sarasota area make this a truly great place to live and ride! With a population of over 325,000, there are thousands of committed motorcyclists in the Sarasota area who are enjoying the warm weather as often as they can and we're here to help you be a part of that family of riders. The expert staff at Sarasota Fun Machines want to make sure that you're equipped with the best motorcycle for the ride you're looking for any budget.
Already own a motorcycle? We have a team of friendly, expert staff who are happy to service all makes and models. You can request service online today, learn more about our service packages or contact our team now for an estimate!
Top Tips for Motorcycling in Sarasota
- Make sure you are seen! There are lots of ways to make sure that the cars around you know you're there while being respectful of the traffic around you. Consider wearing bright colors or reflective pieces on your apparel and making eye contact with the drivers around you. Using hand signals in addition to your turn signals can be helpful, in moderation, and be aware of riding in blind spots.
- Make sure your motorcycle is seen. All of the motorcycles we sell at Sarasota Fun Machines stand out in a crowd but there are always additional things you can do to make sure your bike is visible on the road. Add additional reflective pieces to your ride, especially along the side and back near the brake lights. Some riders even choose to apply glow-in-the-dark or reflective decals to help make sure drivers see you in the dark.
- Buy Quality Gear. Any gear that you buy from us at Sarasota Fun Machines, you'll know is quality and going to protect. With that in mind, there are certain standards to keep in mind when buying gear. Any helmet you purchase should be DOT (Department of Transportation) approved and when worn should cover your face and head entirely for the safest ride. Body protective gear should be high quality, thick and backed by a reliable brand. Protection also should not stop at your feet. Be sure to pick up a pair of boots with grip to get you feeling stable in all weather conditions.
- Check out the weather conditions. If you're from Florida or have lived here for more than a handful of months, you'll know that things change pretty quickly when it comes to weather! We could have humidity, rain, wind, lightening or sweltering heat all in the course of a few hours. When you're riding
- Get regularly serviced. No matter what type of motorcycle you ride, they all need a pick-me-up from time to time. Make sure to clean out dust, dirt and debris from time to time, get routine maintenance and oil changes regularly to ensure your motorcycle lasts for years to come. Our staff are ready and able to service any and all motorcycle models. Suzuki motorcycles, Honda motorcycles, Yamaha motorcycles, BMW motorcycles, Harley-Davidson motorcycles and more, Sarasota Fun Machines has you covered when it comes to service and expert help!